S t r e t c h to get more marketing action.
Email signatures are invaluable marketing tools. Take a good look at yours. Is it working for you or is it asleep?
Here’s a checklist to make the most of your real estate that passes under the eyes of at least 50 correspondents each day:
- Your signature is positioned immediately below the last line of your email message, not buried at the tail end of the chain of correspondence.
- Your direct phone number and cellphone number share a line and sit under your name, making it easy for the respondent to give you a call.
- Your company or organization’s name, hyperlinked to the website, invites a click to learn more about your products, services and programs.
- Your snappy tag line proclaims the value you create for customers.
- The headline of a recent news story trumpets your success links to a PDF of the article.
- Your current exhibition, an upcoming event you will host/sponsor or a trade show where you will speak/exhibit, is noted, with a link to register or make a reservation, if appropriate.
- Your product flyer or an informative brochure is available as a download, which requires an email address to facilitate future sales team follow-up.
- Your LinkedIn and Twitter account information are listed, so contacts may connect with you on social media platforms.
- The latest issue of your newsletter or blog is hyperlinked, with an opportunity to subscribe.
This Month’s Tip
Your email signature is a fundamental component of your brand, as are your logo, website and business card. Every team member should have an identical signature, to reinforce the organization’s positioning and messages. After a revised email signature template is developed, provide the model and instructions for an update to all personnel, along with a two-day deadline for implementation.
If it’s time to rouse your sleepy signature, drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, so I can give it a once-over, or give me a call at 212-677-5770. Together, we’ll make it rise and shine.
For a more detailed discussion and an example of an email signature template, please see Harness the Marketing Power of Your Email Signature.
Click here to read prior issues of this newsletter.