S t r e t c h to get more marketing action.
Email signatures are invaluable marketing tools. Take a good look at yours. Is it working for you or is it asleep?
Here’s a checklist to make the most of your real estate that passes under the eyes of at least 50 correspondents each day:
- Your signature is positioned immediately below the last line of your email message, not buried at the tail end of the chain of correspondence.
- Your direct phone number and cellphone number share a line and sit under your name, making it easy for the respondent to give you a call.
- Your company or organization’s name, hyperlinked to the website, invites a click to learn more about your products, services and programs.
- Your snappy tag line proclaims the value you create for customers.
- The headline of a recent news story trumpets your success links to a PDF of the article.
- Your current exhibition, an upcoming event you will host/sponsor or a trade show where you will speak/exhibit, is noted, with a link to register or make a reservation, if appropriate.
- Your product flyer or an informative brochure is available as a download, which requires an email address to facilitate future sales team follow-up.
- Your LinkedIn and Twitter account information are listed, so contacts may connect with you on social media platforms.
- The latest issue of your newsletter or blog is hyperlinked, with an opportunity to subscribe.
This Month’s Tip
Your email signature is a fundamental component of your brand, as are your logo, website and business card. Every team member should have an identical signature, to reinforce the organization’s positioning and messages. After a revised email signature template is developed, provide the model and instructions for an update to all personnel, along with a two-day deadline for implementation.
For a more detailed discussion and an example of an email signature template, please see Harness the Marketing Power of Your Email Signature.
Click here to read prior issues of this newsletter.
Click here to subscribe to this monthly newsletter and make sure you don’t miss the next issue.